Terms of Service
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
These Terms of Service (TOS) are based on the principle that communities such as Virtual World® only work when we all operate with mutual respect, understand our Rights and Responsibilities and why these need to be enforced to be effective. We believe we all share this obligation and together we can make the Virtual World® experience great for everyone.
This is an agreement between the Virtual Encounters Inc. ("We" and "Us") - and You (and Your) which includes: Members, VIP and Universal VIP Members, individual Virtual World® Members, the Virtual World® Master Developers, our Volunteers, and the Affiliates, Advertisers, and any other person or entity who participates in our Worlds throughout the network, or accesses our Web sites.
You agree that by using or accessing any portion of our websites or Virtual World Web (VWW) platform (called the "Service" throughout this agreement), you will follow these TOS below. We may modify these TOS from time to time. Your continued use of the Services following any such modification constitutes your agreement to the modified changes. It is therefore important that you review these TOS regularly."
I. RESPECT AND SAFETY
We try to keep the Service safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes complying with these rules, as well as participating in our World Justice System and internal complaint processes designed to resolve disputes among individuals about both personal and virtual property issues.
Specifically you agree:
1. When using the Service, you will not harm other members. You will not harass, bully, intimidate, threaten, or stalk any member, or make rude, insulting or defamatory remarks about any member or do anything else that a person, acting reasonably would consider harmful. The VWW and the Service are virtual versions of the real world, including its standards of behavior. You are not allowed to do anything to another user of the Service that would be illegal if done in the non-virtual world.
2. You will not harm the Service or its resources (for example, design tools, hardware or software that runs the Service, including chat rooms and forums, currency exchange, public and private spaces). Prohibited activities include but are not limited to: releasing viruses or other malicious code, disabling or impairing any of the systems and services, conducting any form of denial of service attack, phishing or using automated means of access (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers), fraudulent activities including but not limited to defrauding the virtual currency (Rays) system. You will not acquire virtual currency (Rays) or any other virtual item or use Rays or any other virtual item acquired illegally whether through account fraud, phishing or by using Auto-generator scripts. You agree not to promote, distribute information or redistribute auto-generators to encourage or assist others to acquire Rays or any other virtual item illegally or in violation of the TOS. Doing anything that a person, exercising reasonable judgment, would consider inappropriate constitutes harm to the Service. Where standards of conduct applicable to specific areas of the VWW or the Service are posted, you must follow those standards.
3. The software (client and otherwise) that operates all aspects of the Service is copyrighted and we can and will pursue either criminal or civil action against anyone attempting to hack, decompile, disable or distribute unauthorized copies of that code.
4. You will not use the Service to send unsolicited bulk email (SPAM) or other inappropriate messages, such as off-topic message board posts or bulk instant or private messages.
5. You will not attempt to sign up for more than five accounts without obtaining permission from us. Holding multiple accounts may result in restrictions on the maximum number of Rays that can be earned for certain activities whether daily, by account, or in the aggregate. If you do have more than one account, you may not take any steps to hide the relationship between those accounts from us.
6. We have volunteers and staff participants who are authorized by us to moderate activities in Virtual World® environments and they may take appropriate action when they see TOS violations. The Volunteers and Staff will investigate violations of these TOS. Filing false complaints shall be immediate grounds for termination of service.
7. During the term of your membership of Virtual World® you will not, either directly or indirectly, solicit or attempt to solicit, divert or hire away any person or any customer of Virtual World® . Any person that proceeds to solicit in the Virtual World® or on the Social Site will result in termination of their account.
II. MEMBER PRIVACY
1. Your profile is accessible by all other users on the Virtual World® Web Network. You can limit the display of your profile information by CHANGING YOUR PRIVACY SETTING OF YOUR PROFILE.
2. You should consider issues of privacy and personal safety before disclosing your own personal information. It is ABSOLUTELY prohibited to distribute or post any other member's personal information without their consent. You may not post photos of any other Member without their express written consent and a proper copyright license. These restrictions apply to information or photographs obtained using the Services, and to information or photographs distributed or promoted using the Services.
III. ALL ABOUT CONTENT AND VIRTUAL PROPERTY
1. We respect each other's content, intellectual and other property ("Property") rights. We follow the use and violation standards set out in International Intellectual Property ("IP") Treaties and Conventions, to the extent possible, since this is a global platform and people are operating Virtual Worlds from many legal jurisdictions (countries). While we use the term "Property" for convenience in discussing virtual items, it is important to note that virtual items exist only as limited license rights to alter the performance of certain features provided as part of the Services, and have no real world value. "Property" as used herein for convenience does not require that there be any value in the referenced items.
2. You will at all times treat other people's Property with respect. To be more specific, Property includes elements that belong to the Service and to other users including but not limited to: information, data, software, scripts, codes, animations, textures, props, Avatars, videos, photos, graphics, signs, text and other creative content made as individual elements, or combined in compilation forms such as streets, malls and other virtual premises, virtual currency (Rays) and forum posts.
3. You will not intentionally bump up (refresh) forum posts to alter viewer data.
4. You will refrain from stealing (ripping), vandalizing, deleting or doing anything with or to virtual Property that would be considered illegal or disrespectful to real world Property.
5. You will not use Property owned by others without written permission. This includes use of our Property: our copyrighted materials (including but not limited to software, code, scripts, designs, textures, props, signs, text, videos, slogans, avatars, and other similar works) or our Service Marks of our web properties and or otherwise (or other trade names or Logos we may subsequently develop), or our Trade Marks (which in some countries may include Avatars); The use of any confusingly similar marks is also prohibited, without our written permission.
TO BE CLEAR THIS MEANS A "WORLD", AN AFFILIATE OR OTHER WEB SITE MAY NOT MISLEAD BY MIMICKING OR APPEARING TO BE THE VWW SERVICE. HOWEVER, AFFILIATES ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE SUPPLIED AFFILIATE MATERIALS AND WORLDS MAY USE VWW BADGES TO ASSOCIATE YOUR SERVICES WITH THE NETWORK. THESE LIMITATIONS ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER RIGHTS WE MAY HOLD TO OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, AND NOTHING IN THESE TOS LIMITS OUR RIGHTS TO THAT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING OUR RIGHTS TO BRING ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS.
6. We do not review the content posted by users on the Service and are not responsible for such content. We are also not liable for any content uploaded or streamed by our Members. We will enforce these TOS against illegal or offensive content when reported to us. We specifically embrace the safe harbor provisions provided under the laws of various nations and other jurisdictions (including, for example, Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act), and nothing in these Terms of Service shall constitute a waiver of any safe harbor or similar rights we may have.
7. We are not responsible for any of the content on third party sites that we link to.
8. Should we learn of material that is illegal, may be illegal, violates these TOS or is otherwise unacceptable (all in our sole and absolute discretion), whether as a result of an inquiry by law enforcement, a content owner, a Member or other third party, or otherwise, we reserve the right to delete, block access or move any such Content or to terminate a link. You remain solely responsible for all Content posted by you.
9. We comply with and have also taken some best practices from the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and have now implemented two streams for copyright infringement complaints. Please note that any notice of infringement may become part of a court record, may be supplied to the allegedly infringing party so that they may file a counter-notice, may be obtained from us via subpoena, or may otherwise be made public.
III. IF YOU ARE A COPYRIGHT OWNER OR AUTHORIZED AGENT OF THE OWNER, FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
We require a "DMCA Compliant" notice from you if you discover that something you believe you own is being used on the Service without your consent. Your copyright infringement notification and any counter notification must be provided in writing and sent to us by fax or regular mail, not by email. These notices must include ALL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION UNDER THE DMCA. The specific process is outlined in DMCA Notices
Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneysâ?? fees) if you materially misrepresent that any content on the Service is infringing your copyright. Courts in the United States have provided some protection to certain kinds of materials under the Fair Use doctrine, so you should consult with an attorney to make sure the use you are notifying us about is not a fair use of the materials.
II) IF YOU ARE A COPYRIGHT OWNER FROM ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD:
We require a Content Complaint Notice. Be advised this is a sworn statement from you and is subject to our good faith reliance on the information you provide.
NOTE: We require that any copyright complaint include a statement that the use is not an authorized use. We will not accept content complaints from third parties since they are unable to determine which uses are authorized. If you are NOT THE OWNER of the content or their authorized agent, do not file a content complaint.
Regardless of what a local country law may allow or require us to do when we receive a content complaint or a DMCA compliant notice of infringement of copyright, our response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity. If we remove or disable access in response to such a Notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected page, site or Virtual World so that they can make a counter notification. When we receive a counter notification, we may permit the reinstatement of the material in question. Reposting content we have removed without permission to do so will result in a termination of service.
We will also document notices and will suspend or terminate accounts as follows: For the first breach by a member, unless deliberate, there will be a suspension of the infringing memberâ??s account. For the second breach by a member, there will be a termination of service. Filing a false Notice will be subject to immediate termination of service, and you may be liable for other penalties under the laws of your local country, in particular under the DMCA in the United States, where there are serious penalties for filing a false Notification (complaint).
Nothing in these TOS shall waive any rights we have under any statute or regulation to enforce content rights, or to opt not to enforce them in the jurisdiction where we operate the Service.
10. You will only distribute content that belongs to you or does not violate someone else's rights. If you do not own the content you wish to distribute, you must obtain and be able to show proof of a license (or specific written permission) to use content that you choose to distribute (post) in the Service.
11. We do not have an obligation to protect your content or the content of another owner. You must inform content owners who give you a license that it is you who is responsible for anything that might happen to their content, and not us.
12. If you distribute your own content or the licensed content of others (including photos, music, or other audio files, videos, logos, personal identities etc) ("Your Content"), in the Service WE DO NOT CLAIM ANY OWNERSHIP IN YOUR CONTENT but since you are publishing Your Content on our Service you specifically give us the permission to do so: You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish Your Content including your Avatar concept and design ("License"). This License ends when you delete Your Content, except as follows: (a) It may take some time for Your Content to be removed from any cached, preloaded, or compiled copies of software or other material used in the Services, and the license extends through such time period, and (b) We may have taken screen or action captures, compiled historical data, video or stills to enable recreation of in-world events, or created promotional materials, and the license shall not terminate with respect to such uses. We are not responsible if you have shared Your Content with others through the Service and we cannot compel any member to delete Your Content from the systems of other users.
13. We may remove any content or information you distribute in public spaces or premises that we have access to, if we believe that it is violating rights (such as privacy, defamation, harassment or ownership rights or in extremely bad taste). If we remove content or information you distributed because of a complaint and you believe we removed it by mistake, you may provide us with a counter notification as set out in "Reporting Content Complaints".
IV. ALL ABOUT ACCOUNTS
WE RELY ON OUR MEMBERS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION. HERE ARE SOME COMMITMENTS YOU MAKE TO US RELATING TO REGISTERING AND MAINTAINING THE SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT:
1. You are of the age of 12 or older. We will not accept any participants for the Service under the age of 12. We are entitled to use any age verification method that we deem acceptable.
2. You will not provide any false personal information to us, or our billing partners, or to any of our third party services.
3. You will not create an account for any member other than yourself without written permission from us.
4. Each VIP and Universal VIP account comes with ONE FREE Spot (personal space) that you are licensed to use during the time you remain a paid-up Member. You shall not sub-license your Spot to other members, or acquire free Spots from other members and you shall not operate a commercial enterprise leasing or sub-licensing such free Spots.
5. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
6. You will not share your password; let any other member access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account and personal information.
7. You may not transfer your account to any member and you are responsible for what happens on your account, including the billing charges and the conduct/behaviour of user(s).
8. We have the final say about screen names. In the attempt to be fair, if a name or ID conflicts with another user, is similarly confusing, impersonates staff or is otherwise misleading or inappropriate we may ask you to change it and you agree to do so, on request. Inappropriate names are subject to action as outlined within the Rules of Conduct.
9. If you violate these TOS, we can stop providing all or part of the Service to you either temporarily or permanently. We will notify you at the current contact information you have provided to us, but you will also become aware of any change in service status the next time you attempt to access your account.
10. When your Member Account is terminated (by us) or remains dormant (no longer in use) for longer than 90 days, we reserve the right to continue to charge a license fee of 20 Rays per month to keep the account active. After the trader account and Clam bank accounts are depleted the Member Account may be permanently closed and the user name may be re-issued to another member upon request. Dormant accounts, older than six (6) months with less than 20 Rays in their trader account may be provided with an opportunity to remain active, but if not reactivated in the time frame offered, these accounts will be closed out permanently and the screen name will be made available to other members. Section VI(1) provides additional limitations on inactive accounts.
1. Basic use is free. Upgraded (VIP and Universal VIP) services are available upon payment of Service Fees. We have tried to make it possible for you to pay by several means depending on the country you reside in, but not all payment methods are available in every country. Generally we have established payments by: credit card, SMS, phone service providers, cheques, money orders, wire transfers, and other online payment solutions.
2. If you upgrade from Basic to a VIP, Universal VIP or other paid memberships, or use Rays within the Service, you agree to the Service Payment Terms as set out in paragraph V (3) below). We utilize the services of a number of third party payment providers. As it relates to payment policies and procedures their rules also apply and we retain the right to settle any conflict between the rules.
3. Service Payment Terms: You are responsible for keeping a current payment method on file with us. Any amounts you owe us (for example: for a renewal, for increases in population capacity etc.) may be automatically charged. If you are on a monthly or other plan with recurring billing, you agree that we may make such charges to the payment method you have on file with us, unless you provide us with notice of cancellation at least five business days prior to the recurring billing and/or renewal date.
4. If we terminate the Service due to a violation of the TOS and/or RoC, you are not entitled to a refund of any advance payment that you have made to us.
VI. RAYS AND RAY EXCHANGE
RAYS ARE THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY ("Rays") THAT OPERATE IN THE SERVICE AND ARE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THIS AGREEMENT.
1. We grant you a limited license right (Limited License) to use this fictional feature in whatever manner we determine. In our sole discretion, we may charge fees for your use of Rays, we may give Rays out for free, or we may otherwise determine how Rays are provided, acquired, used, or lost. We have the absolute right to determine the maximum number of Rays that can be earned â?? whether by activity, day, account or individual. This may result in restrictions on multiple account holders to an aggregate or per account maximum. Unless terminated earlier, the Limited License shall automatically terminate when a memberâ??s account is inactive for 364 consecutive days.
2. We retain the right, in our absolute unfettered discretion to regulate, modify, eliminate, manage, or otherwise control Rays as we see fit. We may, at our option, terminate the Rays system entirely, terminate the Limited License, take actions that would manipulate their value, or otherwise act entirely in keeping with the fact that the Rays are a fictionalized, virtual currency without inherent value and will have no liability to you for doing any of these things.
3. We may also provide for the ability to purchase goods or services, virtual or otherwise, with Rays. However, we are not obligated to do so, and any offer to sell goods and services shall be a fictionalized part of the Service and is not enforceable.
4. In our sole discretion, items purchased with Rays as a gift for another member may be returned for a refund of the Rays used for their purchase when the recipient member loses their membership due to a violation of these TOS. However, we are not obligated to do so, and any such refund shall be done as a courtesy only.
5. We may provide for one or more exchanges whereby we facilitate and/or administer transactions among users for the purchase and sale of the Limited License to Rays (a "Rays Exchange"). We may regulate the Rays Exchange in any manner we deem necessary in our sole discretion. Such regulations may include trading limitations, floors, ceilings and/or any regulatory mechanism or tool used by any actual or virtual currency, commodity or stock exchange anywhere in the world. However, we are not required to regulate any such exchange.
6. This Limited License to the fictional Rays feature does not permit the exchange of Rays as part of a game of chance. Without limiting the foregoing, Rays are specifically prohibited from being acquired in exchange for Chips (the term "Chips" is described below).
7. Sales and purchases of Rays are actually only the sale and purchase of the Limited License with no other rights attached.
8. In the case of suspected fraud, violations of these TOS, violation of laws or regulation, or to protect the integrity of the Rays Exchange, we may at our sole discretion, halt, suspend, terminate, reverse or otherwise modify or cancel any exchange whether prospectively, retroactively, or otherwise.
9. All of the Service participants may (but are not required to) engage in the purchase of Rays, whether through the Rays Exchange or otherwise. Only VIP and Universal VIP Members may sell Rays. VIP and Universal VIP Members' Trader Accounts may be used to purchase virtual items or additional features of the Services, and, in our discretion, we may refund this in-world credit as cash. In such a case, we will either send you a cheque, or use online payment providers, such as E-passporte or AlertPay. We may require conversion of the balance of any Trader Accounts into Rays at any time, and we shall have the right to make this conversion without any action by you.
10. We do not guarantee that real world money shall be credited to you as a result of use of the Rays Exchange or any other method of sale, trade, or acquisition of Rays in any manner facilitated by or involving the Service. To the contrary, Rays are a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use a virtual feature of the Service, and give rise to no right or title in any features of the Service or to anything of value. Rays may be credited in the form of an in-World credit that may be used to purchase goods and services offered by the Service. However, under no circumstances shall we be obligated to provide in-World credit for Rays. Refunds over certain amounts and cashing out an amount that is more than you have funded may include additional identity verification procedures, at our sole discretion, which is generally to protect the integrity of the Service and/or comply with certain laws.
VII. PLAY GAMING AND CHIPS:
1. The Services may offer a virtual form of currency ("Chips") that may be symbolized or nicknamed using fictional, play amounts of Dollars, Euros, other forms of currency, Rays, coins, points, or in any other manner as we may determine. Although nicknamed in this way, such name is strictly to enhance the enjoyment of the Service, and Chips have no value and shall never be redeemable for cash or anything of value. Chips are solely a virtual feature of the game. Without limiting the foregoing, symbols on various virtual machines or games may indicate some form of currency, such as a dollar sign on a slot machine. Regardless of what the symbols, artwork, or other indications may state on a machine or game, they always refer to play money Chips, and not to anything of value.
2. Chips shall constitute a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use Chips in conjunction with certain features of the Service, such as play money gaming, You have no right or title in the Chips. All license rights to any Chips associated with your account shall terminate immediately in the event that you attempt to obtain anything of value in exchange for Chips.
3. We may grant a license to some amount of Chips by giving them to you, selling them to you, exchanging them for Rays, or otherwise. We shall not grant or pay you anything of value in exchange for Chips, nor are you permitted to sell or trade Chips with us or with any other party for anything of value. To be clear, while we may permit you to purchase access to Chips in order to play the games, the transaction can never happen in reverse. Chips may never be exchanged or redeemed for any non-virtual item, for "real world" money or goods, or for any other thing of value. If we sell Chips to you in exchange for Rays or cash, you shall have no right to a refund. We have the right to discontinue some or all of the features that utilize Chips at any time. We may, at our discretion, within the game, allow you to exchange Chips for virtual, digital items within the Service that have no value. The virtual, digital in-game items available for redemption using Chips may be changed or eliminated at any time within our sole discretion. In no event shall you ever be allowed to exchange such virtual, digital in-game items for anything of value.
4. Except as expressly permitted, and then only through the mechanisms that we specifically provide as part of the Service, you are prohibited from transferring Chips to any other person or entity.
5. Any Chips obtained as a result of a malfunction, programming error, mistake, use of any automated program or process, or violation of these TOS are considered void. If such Chips have already been exchanged for other items, such items shall be void. Such void Chips or virtual items shall be removed from whatever account they are associated with. If void Chips were exchanged for time-limited virtual items (such as time-limited access to an area of the virtual environment), additional Chips may be removed from your account in place of the void Chips. Intentional use of void Chips or other void items shall be a violation of the TOS.
6. Chips and play gaming are for fun only. You do not have any right to keep the Chips you have and you may not exchange the Chips for anything of value. Because games need rules, we set out some basic rules in this paragraph. The presence of rules may not be construed as creating any rights to enforce these rules, since they govern a game where nothing of value may be won:
a. We may have progressive jackpot machines. The progressive jackpot may refer to a fixed jackpot, to a jackpot that varies randomly, to a jackpot that increases relative to the amount of Chips played since the last win, or determined in some other manner.
b. A malfunction, software bug, or exploit voids all play.
c. A symbol on progressive or other machines that does not appear on the pay out tables may not be used as a "wildcard" in "any symbol-any symbol-any symbol" type paylines.
d. When you change the amount of Chips per coin bet, the number of coins or credits indicated on the machine may change to reflect the new denomination.
7. Because Chips have no value, and function only as part of a game, in running the game, we may take any action we wish at any time with regard to Chips.
VIII. USE of the SERVICE
1. Your right to the Member License can be revoked for a breach of the TOS, or if you break any other law in the country where we or any of the Virtual World worlds operate or where the activity occurs.
IX. LEGAL TERMS
1. WE TRY TO KEEP THE SERVICE OPERATIONAL, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT THE SOFTWARE IS STILL IN BETA, THEREFORE YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TOS OR USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF YOU ARE RUNNING A BUSINESS, AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TOS OR PROVIDING THE SERVICE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW .
2. Each current version of these TOS constitutes the entire agreement between all of the participants, and replaces any prior agreements or promises anyone from the Service may have made to you by any means, although we may choose to grandfather certain benefits previously made available to you. You are responsible for staying current with the latest version of these TOS as they are revised from time to time and posted with the current version number under the link "Terms of Service" on the access pages to the Service.
3. If we fail to enforce any portion of these TOS it will not be considered a waiver. Any temporary waiver or exception we might make of these TOS to an individual shall be made in writing and will not be a permanent waiver.
4. If any portion of these TOS is found to be unenforceable, the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
5. For changes that relate to World Masters, Affiliates, Business Licensees and Advertisers we will attempt to give you a minimum of seven days notice except where we are required to make changes immediately for legal reasons, where we might not be able to provide any notice.
7. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. We may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content, without prior notice or liability.
8. We have the right to report illegal activity to law enforcement. We retain the right to require a subpoena or other legal process prior to providing any information to law enforcement. However, should we decide to voluntarily initiate or cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, you specifically give us the right to provide any information to law enforcement at any time without requiring a subpoena or other compulsory legal process. We currently intend to exercise our rights in conjunction with laws intended for the protection of minors. Similarly, if we have any reason to believe that you have engaged in any behavior that is detrimental to any child, we may report such activity to law enforcement and/or any agency or organization that is engaged in the protection of children. Our policy is to report child sexual abuse to the appropriate authorities in the relevant country and we will do so any time we suspect such abuse may have occurred. By using this service, you expressly agree that we are permitted to do all of this and give up any right you may have to prevent such reporting or to be compensated for such reporting or any consequential damages this might cause you. Law enforcement officers who have identified a lawful authority to obtain the information may require us to provide other information for the purpose of investigating an actual, serious or imminent threat to the stability or integrity of the Internet; a risk to the life of an individual, or a threat to personal or National Security under anti-terrorism legislation. We reserve the right to respond to such requests that comply with legal due process and we are not obliged to inform members of such requests.
9. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to these TOS exclusively in an online dispute resolution forum. The laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada will govern these TOS, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for the purpose of pursuing any claims against the Service.
a. By "VWW" we mean the Virtual World Web features and services we make available, including through (i) our websites, and any other branded or co-branded Virtual World Web service (including sub-domain Worlds licensed to World Masters and any mobile versions); (ii) our Software Platform; and (iii) our affiliates, advertisers and any agents we grant various kinds of permission to offer services.
b. By "us," "we" and "our" with respect to services we mean the Virtual World Web Network (with operations in British Columbia, Canada).
c. By "Software Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable applications, such that World Masters, affiliates or advertisers can create virtual world environments, retrieve data or provide data to us.
d. By "distribute" we mean uploading information, content, or data using the Software Platform or otherwise making such material available to us.
e. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
f. By "application" we mean any application, executable or website that uses or accesses the Software Platform, as well as anything else that receives data.
g. By "VIP Member" and "Universal VIP Member" we mean any person who has subscribed to the Services through our own or our third party payment processor partners and who remains current with such payments.
You should also review the following documents. You agree, as a material term of these TOS, to comply with the rules and standards set forth in the documents listed below, except that if these TOS and the documents listed below are in conflict, the terms of these TOS shall prevail: